Thursday, March 15, 2012

17th

Found out about this blog? Good for you and welcome :P

First up, happy birthday--in fact, happy 17th birthday! I know it's kind of strange that you're reading this post now considering you've had your birthday on March 5th LOL. Then again, I guess it should be fitting for you to read this as you open your present.

So, 17 years old, eh? Though it's kind of either late or early by a year (coming of age is usually 16 or 18 for girls anywhere in the world--seriously, there's a Wikipedia page on it) Indonesian girls usually celebrate it at 17. And now you're 17 too!

Agnes, Agnes, Agnes... what do I have to say about you being 17? Well obviously the wishes have to be lined up first: happiness on top of the list, then maturity and success follows, and all the best for the cupcakes business plus the university major choice as well! But more than anything, I wish you strength; to face issues, problems, and challenges. You've changed a lot since the first time I've met you, and I'm most pleased to say that those changes were a lot for the better.

Remember the first time we met? It was in a Gandhi classroom, right before a GEC session was about to start. I persisted that you should try debate, considering your English capabilities. You said you idolized one of the alumni and were still looking for an activity to fall in love with, being recently graduated from Penabur. At the time, I was excited about you and your potential career in debate.

Over the time, you showed me bravery and loyalty towards the club. And after a while, you also showed me how someone could change for the better and not look back. You showed me strength, compassion, and cheerfulness that persists no matter what. Sure you've had your own share of problems, but the way you deal with it changes over time--you now not only complain, but also think deeper and try to find the solution to those issues. I applaud you for that, since not many can do so.

If there's one thing I just love to wish people all the time, it's to be happy. And so I'd like to wish all the happiness in the world for you to get. Remember to be happy! Be strong, be intrepid, be fearless, but most importantly you have to be happy, okay? :D

Well, they say that with older age comes greater rights (and responsibilities). The way I see it, you're already holding a share of responsibility heavier than most people I know. I hope you'll get your rights you so rightfully deserved soon enough :)



Cheerio!
Christopher Zhou



P.S:
Do you know why I got you The Book with no Name instead of the fiction novel sequel? You recently said you wanted to start anew, so here we go, a brand new start with a brand new book. I'm sure you can work out on your own how to get Blood Romance :P Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment