Monday, March 4, 2013

18th

One year has passed. That was quick, wasn't it? :P

Welcome back, Agnes :)


First of all, happy 18th birthday! I know this post isn't posted at midnight, but let's just assume everything is fine and you're reading this at March 5th noon. XD Anyhow, this time I'm posting it somewhere near the actual birthday! :D

Well, what to say? Time flew. You're already on the verge of graduation, soon to be a college student. In all honesty I don't really buy the notion of a great 'transition' between teenager to adults, as people develop over time. I mean, you've done exactly that :) You changed over time, once again struggling with a lot of issues and survived. You're stronger, better, and your vocabulary still laden with swear words this year :P

Last year I talked about the past, of how we met. Now, I'd like to talk about the future. Yesterday dawn, you spoke of how beautiful the future seems--I smiled in reply, because that's how the future should look to you. Dream high, Agnes. Dream high and big, for your dreams will fuel you in your striving to realize all your ambitions. I know you're a hardworking person, and if you want something bad enough you'll eventually find a way to get to it. Don't be afraid, and remember, there are always people who are behind you, who support you all the way. Don't forget to lean on them in the more difficult times--you are not alone :)

Wishing you happiness is no longer enough, although it is always what I wish for you. This time, I'd like to wish you wisdom. Now wisdom and knowledge are two different things--knowledge being easy to get as long as you know where to look--but I want to focus on you gaining all the wisdom you need this year. I wish you can measure, you can judge, you can know how to act, understand, and know what to do and not to do in different situations. You're already a natural at this, so I wish you to be even better, because life only gets harder from this point.

Then again, for now, just for today, have a great birthday. Put your worries somewhere else, and just spend a few moments to be grateful that you've reached your 18th year of living. Spare one day to feel happy, regardless of what the world says or does. You earned it.


Happy 18,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment